Welcome to my blogger resources page! These are all the tools I use to keep my blog up and running and to make money from my blog.
- How to Start Your Own Blog
- A Guide to Freelance Writing for Money
- Side-Hustle Ideas + Tips
- Online Jobs for College Students
- HostGator – I’ve used a few different web hosts, but HostGator is my favorite. Their plans start at $3 a month (!!!) and they have 24/7 support which I’ve used before. Plus, they have one-click WordPress installation which is a big relief.
- Etsy – I use Etsy to purchase my themes. Just make sure the one you choose is mobile responsive!
- PicMonkey – You can use PicMonkey for free to edit your photos and it’s super easy to use. The premium version is only a few dollars, and it’s super worth it.
- Trello – I use Trello to create blog editorial calendars and to keep track of all my post ideas. It’s free to use!
- Google Analytics – This is the most trusted way to track your audience and views!
Grow Your Following
- MailChimp – If you have a blog, a mailing list is essential. MailChimp is super easy to use, plus it’s free for your first 2000 subscribers!
- BoardBooster – I use BoardBooster to schedule my pins for Pinterest, and it even posts for me! It’s super easy to use and really inexpensive. You can get your first 500 pins for free, so you can see if it works for you before you subscribe.
Monetizing Your Blog
- Izea – This is my favorite influencer network! Izea connects bloggers with great brands for sponsored posts and content.
- Maven – This is sorta like Pinterest, but you make money for pinning stuff and promoting it.
- ShareASale – ShareASale has a lot of different affiliate programs you can join to make commission.
- Amazon Associates – Everyone loves Amazon! Promote your favorite products and earn a percentage of any sales.
- Google Adsense – This is an easy way to incorporate ads on your blog and make a little bit of money from your traffic.
Plugins + Extras
- YoastSEO – This plugin takes the headache out of SEO. It’s really easy and it helps you boost your websites SEO without any prior skills.
- Ibotta – This app gives you cash back on purchases you already make, so it’s basically free money. I use it to get cash back on Amazon purchases like books and tech gear. If you sign up with my link you get $10 just for submitting your first rebate.
- CTRLQ – If you’re trying to save web space, you need to host your images on a separate server. This one is free and easy.
- Disqus – An alternative to the WordPress comment system that lets readers sign-in with their social media accounts.