Because I had so much fun making my DIY Chocolate Frappe I got to work perfecting the pumpkin spice version. Pumpkin spice is my favorite seasonal treat (is it acceptable to enjoy it all year long?) and I like to recreate the Starbucks Frappe staples in my own kitchen to save money and time! This recipe is super easy and super yummy! You can make this drink hot or cold, I’ll include the recipe for both!
- 1 cup milk
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin spice extract
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coffee or espresso
- Whipped cream
- 1 tbs canned pumpkin (I definitely recommend!)
Hot Recipe Instructions
- Combine milk, pumpkin spice extract, vanilla extract, sugar, and optional canned pumpkin in a bowl.
- Cook on medium heat on the stove until boiling, whisking occasionally. Alternatively, mix in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave on high for a minute or very warm.
- Pour heated mixture in a mug, leaving room for coffee and cream.
- Add hot espresso or coffee over the mixture, and top with whipped cream.
Iced Recipe Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a blender with a cup of crushed ice.
- Blend until ice and mixture is soft.
- Add more ice as needed.
- Pour into a pretty glass and top with whipped cream.
That’s it! I hope you enjoy this, and who knows? Maybe I’ll be back next week with a new coffee recipe! I can’t believe just a year ago I didn’t even like coffee–I’ve definitely come a long way!
In case you missed it, you still have time to join my young adult book giveaway! Who doesn’t want free books?