I feel personally victimized by the $4.96 (BEFORE TAX!) I have to pay every time I crave one of Starbucks’ super delicious Frappuccino’s. When I was younger, I loved the coffee-free Frappuccino’s because I could pretend I was a cool, hip coffee drinker. Sixth grade is a weird time. My obsession has only grown to include the Frappuccino’s of the coffee variety, but I can no longer afford this addiction at Starbucks prices! You can actually make your own DIY Starbucks style frappes with the ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen! Not to mention, by creating your own, you are able to opt for healthier ingredients. Read on for this easy tutorial!
- Crushed ice (or crush ice using a blender)
- Ice cream (I’m using chocolate, but any flavor works! For a healthier option use frozen yogurt)
- 1 tbs of sugar
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Fill a blender with half ice (preferably crushed) and half ice cream
- Add 1 tbs of sugar
- If you’re using vanilla ice cream, add a tiny bit of vanilla extract for extra sweetness
- Pour in milk over the ice and ice cream to the half way point
- Fill the remaining space with coffee
- Blend until there are no more chunks of ice
- Pour and enjoy!
- Optional: add whip cream, chocolate syrup, and a green straw for added effect!
That’s literally it, this is a super easy DIY Starbucks recipe! I’m looking forward to bringing these drinks to class and work for an extra boost of sugar and caffeine! What’s your favorite Starbucks drink, and do you have any tips for recreating it?