Stress-Free Skincare in College
It’s no surprise that your skin is especially prone to breakouts in college. The stress of constant exams and projects is definitely going to take a toll on how your skin looks. Personally, I’ve always stressed about having perfect skin. This, of course, never helps because stress just makes my skin worse, which in turn leads to more stress! It’s a vicious cycle of stress and breakouts! If you’re like me and you suffer from a lot of anxiety and constant stress, the last thing you want to worry about is having an extensive, complicated skincare routine. Here are some tips for stress-free skincare in college.
Society likes to tell women that they need this super intense, complicated skincare routine in order to achieve flawless, clear skin. Companies are always trying to sell us crazy products for every little thing. Do you have undereye circles? There’s an ointment for that. Do you have redness? There’s a different lotion for that. The list of things that women need to “fix” seems endless, and it’s honestly exhausting to keep up with all of that nonsense.
Simplifying your skincare routine is liberating! If you have to spend 10+ minutes each day JUST rubbing different lotions into your face, something needs to change. As a college student, you just don’t have time for that. If you live on campus and have communal bathrooms, spending a lot of time in front of the mirrors becomes even more complicated. It’s important that you simplify your skincare in college so you can make sure you’re sticking to it every day!
Stop the Stress
It’s no secret that stress causes breakouts, which leads to more stress, which leads to more breakouts. I know it’s easier said than done, but stopping the stress is one of the easiest ways to combat breakouts in college. Think of this as your first step in your college skincare routine! Here are a few of my favorite ways to reduce stress and anxiety in college:
- Make a list of all the things worrying you. If you find yourself staying up at night stressing about getting everything done on time, it can help to take a step back and write it all out. Creating a list can help you “empty your mind” of these worries, so to speak, and put them on paper. You can look over the list in the morning when you’re actually able to work on some of these tasks.
- Head to the gym! Even a quick workout can help lower stress levels!
- Get some sleep. I’m not saying to just nap away your problems, but if you aren’t getting enough sleep each night then things start to feel worse than they are. Go to bed early and see how much better you feel!
- Watch cartoons! I am a major believer in the power of Disney movies! Netflix has a ton of movies that’ll help you escape from the stress!
Keep it green
Have you ever wondered what chemicals and additives are in your skincare products? It is downright terrifying to learn what’s really in the products you rub on your face! You wouldn’t want to put crushed beetles or boiled animal bones anywhere near your face, right? That’s why it’s important to choose natural, animal-friendly products. I’ve recently been using BioClarity 3-step skin clearing system. BioClarity is different than other acne products because it contains powerful plant extracts like cucumber, green tea, chamomile, oat kernel, and licorice root.
So far, BioClarity has really revolutionized my skincare in college! The simple 3-step system leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. I’m not exaggerating when I’ve tried everything under the sun when it comes to preventing acne! I have been struggling with hormonal acne for the majority of my life, and I even completed a round of Accutane in my search for clear skin. While Accutane definitely helped my skin, I still suffer from breakouts when I’m stressed (which is always!). BioClarity is an easy solution, and since it’s 100% vegan and cruelty-free I can use it without worrying about the cost!
Here’s the easy to follow 3-step system!
- Cleanser – Green tea, chamomile, and cucumber come together to cleanse and soothe skin!
- Treatment – This is where the acne fighters come in! Salicylic acid helps fight acne while oat kernel nourishes skin.
- Restore Gel – This is my favorite part! This gel combines floralux (the stuff that makes plants green!) with licorice root to moisturize and fight redness. This gel’s green tint is actually so fun, and it gives my skin a nice glow!
If you’re interested in giving the BioClarity 3-step system a try, you can use the code SAMANTHA for 50% off here! Let the power of plants take the stress out of your skincare in college! As students, we seriously have way too much to worry about already! We shouldn’t need to stress about breakouts too!
This post is sponsored by BioClarity and Her Campus Media. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Samanthability possible!